Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tons of Fun Till The CPA's Done

...Maybe that's why I'm behind schedule on my test date. The course teachers love to tell us students that we should be having NO fun until we take our exams. No wonder I'm behind. Duke and I have been having TONS of fun!!! But I like to think that it's ok since we're newlyweds. I don't see much of him during the week, so the weekends and some weeknights are dedicated to all-fun-cpa-is-not-my-husband time.

Here's the list of our super-fun recent activities:

My sister came to visit us and her mother in law, Mrs. Garman, in CT last week. She brought the cuties Lily and Lucy, and we had lots of fun hanging out, talking with the now super conversational Lily and laughing at Lucy's faces and antics. At 20 months old, Lucy is already a comedian!

Old picture, but a good example of the cuteness we were surrounded by!

This past weekend we were on LBI celebrating a Duncan family friend's wedding all weekend long. These people know how to have a good time. It was three whole days of delicious food and open bar. (Think fish tacos, panko flounder, lobster tails, which Duke had 3 of, etc) Yum! Jaimee and Mike had the same band and photographer that we had for our wedding, so that was fun. There was a photo booth with hilarious props too, but the highlight of the reception was probably the fireworks show! Ten minutes of "all finale" as Duke said. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so maybe when Duke is home I will be able to upload some pictures from the wedding.

Tonight we're going to a wine class at The New Canaan Wine Merchants with Mr. Garman. Since being here in CT, Mr. G has shared some of his delicious wines with us and is teaching me about the wine world! I'm glad Duke is coming to the class tonight because I don't want to be the only novice in a room full of wine-tasting pros!

Mr. Garman's favorite Pinot Grigio, San Margherita

And last but not least on our list of fun things, this weekend we're celebrating LBI's Chowder Fest!!!! I am so excited because I've heard of this for years and finally get to experience it. We're also celebrating Duke's dad's BDAY!

So, although my studying may be coming along a little slower than I'd like, Duke and I are truly enjoying life. And I say, TONS of Fun Till the CPA's Done!



1 comment:

  1. haha.. I love this! You SHOULD have fun. :) Sounds like a great life to me.

    ReplyDelete