Monday, December 12, 2011

Looking Forward

We have had lots of fun traveling around these past 4 1/2 months (and our travels aren't quite over yet...) but I can't help but get super excited about settling down for a little while back in Burlington. There's so much to do there--from the mountains to Church Street, we really love Vermont. Most of all, though, I am SOOOOOOOOO excited to set up house!!! We have all kinds of wonderful gifts that we have yet to use. My head is spinning with thoughts of how to decorate our apartment (once we find one).

Here's my wishlist of things I'd like to see/do in our apartment:

Bedroom: We have some beautiful white bedding from Pottery Barn (and of course I got the shams monogrammed because I love monogrammed everything!)

Pearl Embroidered Duvet from Pottery Barn

Since the bedding is very light, we're going to have to add color in other ways. Above our bed I'm planning to put two big prints that we have---one is a picture of the Empire State Building that Duke gave me for Christmas last year. We got engaged on top of the Empire State Building so it is a colorful memento from a very happy day in our lives. The other print I'll put up is the "guest book" print from our wedding. These two prints are both bright and framed in similar black frames. I think they'll liven up the bedroom a little bit.


Guest Book Alternative from Modern Keepsake on Etsy
Modern Keepsake has lots of creative prints.

I have a feeling that whatever apartment we find will most likely have a shortage of counter space. If there's enough room in our kitchen, I would love to have a little kitchen cart where we could put apps and drinks when we entertain! (Can't wait to entertain in our own home!)


We also got some great stainless steel pans as a gift, and if we're lacking storage space for those, and there's a proper place to hang a thing like this, I may look into a pot rack...but I'm still very much on the fence about whether or not these look super cluttery or cute, so we'll see if this happens.

Cluttered or Cute? Thoughts?

I have lots more ideas but will share just one more thing that I'm excited about for now....I really can't wait to find a special place for the custom sign that my friend Eva gave me. Her sister Danielle has a little etsy shop called Choice Products and makes custom signs and other things. Check them out on facebook or etsy!

Can't wait to hang our beautiful sign from Choice Products!



That's all for now, folks.







4 comments:

  1. Your apartment is going to look so cute Amy, I just know it!! And thanks for the little shout-out :) I'm so glad you like your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read Danielle's blog - she has a post about monogramming. Apparently it's huge in the South. And I love pot racks. They are practical and I don't think they look cluttered at all, especially if the rest of the house it tidy. I'm so glad you like the sign. As soon as I saw Danielle's handiwork on it, I knew you'd love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for your confidence, Danielle! :) I read your blog--it's so cute, and I agree about monogramming...I like some, not tons.

    Eva, glad you like pot racks! I will have to look around for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've been living in the South for almost 18 months now, and I can attest that monogramming is HUGE. Everything that's anything gets monogrammed down here - sometimes it's tasteful, other times, not so much! ;)

    I've been a fan of the pot racks for years, too, but have wondered myself if they really looked cute or cluttered... All the times I've seen it, I've thought it was cute! Besides, who wants to bend down into a cupboard and lift out a heavy pot?

    ReplyDelete