Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tick Tock

Whew! Time is flying by!! I can't believe that our time in Bangor (crazy Bangor) is more than halfway over. Just two more weeks here! It's exciting because Maine isn't our favorite place, but bittersweet because it means that the first six weeks of our marriage have almost passed, and a little scary because I am closer to taking the first CPA exam, and a little sad because my wonderful husband and I will be spending most of our time apart while we're in CT. It's also a little exciting because we're six weeks closer to living in West Palm Beach, FL! (Vacation, anyone??)

Oh, you want me to go back to the second-to-last sentence? Yes, Duke and I are going to be living mostly apart in CT. Affordable, furnished, short-term, secure housing proved to be impossible to come by in Danbury. Although this is not ideal, it actually is going to work out just fine because my sister's in-laws live about 45 minutes away from the hospital that Duke's going to be working at. So I'm going to stay there while my student-physician husband stays at the hospital housing during his extremely long OB-GYN days. He needs to be as close to the hospital as possible because he'll be working 12-16 hour days and has to be in between 5 and 6 am. So wasting an hour and a half driving every day would be a recipe for disaster in his shoes. (I think it may actually be a blessing to our marriage, too, because neither Duke nor I function well on little sleep---can you say "monster"?---so we will be able to spare ourselves from ourselves.) God has really blessed us with this chance to save money and Duke's mental health. Hopefully we will have great weekend breaks together that are re-energizing and full of quality time.

Speaking of Duke, I am so proud of how hard he works for us, building a good future for us to share together. I really appreciate the time and effort he has put in to his training. I am so thankful for his good attitude, efficiency, and ability to separate work and home life. He always makes me laugh and is my best friend. I love my husband!

1 comment:

  1. such great perspective, amy. i loved this post and am excited for all that you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete